DIRECT MAIL Works in THE digital age
Why Direct Mail Still Works
Despite the rise of digital marketing techniques, direct mail is still effective. Here are 5 reasons why:
- Direct mail is target and personalized. A 2017 study by Salesforce found that personalized mail pieces produced four times as many conversions than a non-personalized offers.
- Direct mail can be combined to enhance a company’s digital presence. 60% of catalog recipients visit the website of the company that mailed them the catalog. (United States Postal Service)
- Direct mail is tangible. Statistics show that 42.2% of direct mail recipients either read or scan the mail they get. (Data & Marketing Association)
- People like to receive mail. According to Gallup, 41% of Americans of all ages look forward to checking their mail each day. And not just older generations as you might expect. 36% of Americans under 30 also feel this way.
- Direct mail offers a 29% return on investment. Direct mail recipients purchase 28% more items and spend 28% more money than people who don’t get that same piece of direct mail.